Saturday, June 7, 2008

Berlin!

Okay, so our hotel here has two computers in the lobby that are free to use so yay, I get to blog. It's somewhat difficult because the keyboard is reallz similar to American ones but the z and y key are switched and some other minor differences.

Yesterday we went to several sites: we saw the gates (they're from Roman times, very cool), the holocaust memorial and museum, an exhibit on the Gustapo and SS headquarters, and checkpoint charlie (which was the Army's checkpoint at the Berlin Wall to get into the American Sector). It was a good day overall...in about an hour we are going to take a 4 hour walking tour of Berlin. I am excited about seeing more sights, but not about the walking or the sweating that goes along with it. It's way hotter here than they said it would be. A ton of us have brought clothes that are not condusive to the weather, but H&M is cheap so I may pick up a few more shirts there so that I'm not as hot all the time.

Anyway, there's tons of reflection I could give on the day yesterday, but I will wait until we get back to Leipzig and then I will reflect on the weekend as a whole. Alright I'm off with my friend Amanda to find some coffee and then meet up with everyone for our walking tour! Hope everyone is doing well and having a good summer!!! Keep the comments coming, I am loving them.

PS...Shannon, the frenchtoast nutella style is the best thing I've heard all day, I am totally trying it when I get back to a kitchen in Leipzig!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robyn....I can't wait to read what you write next! I read it to granny and papa everytime you write. They are loving it!
Be safe and be careful! I love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey Robyn, so basically you are getting lots of exercise while seeing really amazing things and making excuses for shopping, lol!!! Sounds like my kind of trip, where do I sign up? Anyway I am more blog reading to do because I have been busy working on my final project(due wednesday)and I haven't read it since my last comment. So if you're lucky you might get another comment.

P.S. I love nutella too!!!