Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day full of travelin'...

WOW! The past I don't even know how many hours has been NUTS! Yesterday my family dropped me off in Dallas and the study abroad group flew out from DFW at 5:30 into Heathrow (London airport). We landed there at 8 a.m. London time which is 2 a.m. American time I believe. I only got a few hours of sleep on the plane. We then flew to Frankfurt from London.

We were delayed in leaving the airport for about 15 minutes because of some unknown reason, and then once we landed in Frankfurt one of the girl's with us luggage did not make it to Frankfurt so that delayed us just enough to miss our train to Leipzig from Frankfurt. So we caught a train at about 4:10 and got to Leipzig at about 7:45. One thing I've learned: don't pack bags you can lift and carry yourself. My suitcases (and every other girl I am with) are just big and awkward sometimes. For instance on the train where there is virtually nowhere to put huge suitcases.

Anyways.... We ate dinner at the train station and I had my first conversation with someone who spoke not English. It went like this: She said something in German that I had no idea what it meant, I pointed at the baguette I wanted and said "Coca Cola" and she handed me the goods. I said "Danke," paid her, and was on my way. I need to look up German phrases in my Guidebook for Germany haha.

Then we took a tram to about 2 or 3 minutes away from our flats and walked our luggage to our flats. They are really nice. I told myself to have low expectations so I wouldn't be disappointed in them and I can honestly say they're great! I will post pictures on here in a day or so. For now...I'm sleeping! Good night and thanks for all your prayers for safe travel! We did get here all safe and sound!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got there safely!!!! I am already jealous! ~Kimberly~

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you made it and SO GLAD you are blogging! Keep it up...and please be safe! One quick HARD jab to the nose and don't go anywhere alone! OK thats all my Momisms for now...:)XOXO