Friday, June 27, 2008

Paris, Days 1 and 2

Day 1: Train ride from 9 am to 6 pm. Arrive at Marriot via a taxi. Wrong Marriot. Nice french guy helps us out by hailing us a new cab and then we arrive at the right Marriot. Hotel is very swanky. Change into nicer clothes and head to the Eiffel and do lots of random walking around. Eat dinner at an overpriced place near the Eiffel.

Day 2: Up at 7:45 ish. Breakfast in the executive lounge and then off for a day full of sightseeing. Sights seen: Arc of the Triumph, the opera house, Pantheon, Nicholas Flammel's house (Harry Potter fans, this should be a pilgrimmage for you all to take), Botannical Gardens, an amphitheater from Roman times, Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, Louvre. Might have actually seen more than that but it's all running together now.

I am WIPED out, but I am having a blast. This is a fabulous city and I really hope to come back some day and spend a few weeks here so I can really take my time to see all the museums and stuff I want to look at.

Love and miss everyone!

No comments: